Pages

Monday, November 23, 2009

Holiday Recipes ~ Crustless Cranberry Pie

My dad is a cranberry lover, so when I came across this recipe I knew I had to try it. It's called a pie, but it's more like a moist coffee cake. It's definitely tart from the cranberries, but the sugar sweetens it up. My dad gave this a 'thumbs up' and I hope you enjoy it too! I'm thinking this would also be good with blueberries when they're in season.

Crustless Cranberry Pie
1 c all purpose flour
1 c white sugar
1/4 t salt
2 c fresh cranberries
1/2 c butter, melted
2 eggs, beaten
1 t almond extract
1/2 c chopped walnuts, optional
zest of one orange (the orginial recipe didn't call for this, but I love the combination of orange and cranberry)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease one 9 inch pie pan.

Combine flour, sugar and salt. Stir in the cranberries and walnuts, and toss to coat. Stir in the butter, eggs, orange zest and almond extract. Spread the batter into the prepared pan.

Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.

1 comment:

  1. Hopping over from the Etsy forums :)

    Gosh, that looks really, really good! I'm not brave enough to tackle the grocery store the day before Thanksgiving, but I think I'm going to need to give that a try sometime this holiday season!

    ReplyDelete