Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Favorite Things

I still have birds on my mind! I thought I'd show off a few of my collections. I took some pictures recently of furniture that my dad has made over the years. I'm so fortunate - my dad is a retired industrial arts teacher and loves to work in his workshop! All I had to do was show him a picture of what I wanted and he would make it. His skill, workmanship and attention to detail was impecable. It's difficult these days to watch him slow down due to his Parkinsons Disease and several strokes he has had, but I cherish the time I get to spend with him and my mom now.

Below is a little cabinet he built to store my cookbooks. He later added a shelf so I could display some of my mom's teacups and a few of my birds.



Before I was married, my dad built this corner hutch for my condo. When my husband and I were searching for our first home, one of my requirements was that it had to have a place to put this hutch. I was thrilled to find a home that had the perfect corner in the great room!


The top of the hutch is perfect for one of my collections!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Kathy, that is so special about your Dad. You can not put a price tag on those beautiful pieces of furniture he made! I am LOVING your birds...I am really into birds lately. Have you been collecting long? Looks like they got out of there cage on top of your hutch LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stephanie! I've been collecting for about 5 yrs... my husband always gets me one for Christmas, my birthday... I'm going to run out of room soon :)

    ReplyDelete