Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

Easter Baking, part 1

So many things to bake, so little time!  I have 2 things done - the pizzelles (or waffles as my family calls them) and the Italian Easter bread.  The pizzelles are pretty easy.  They just take a while.  Fortunately I can see the tv from the kitchen, so I just sit at the counter and make them, 2 at a time.  I make the traditional anise flavored for the holidays, but I've also made them flavored with vanilla or chocolate.  Yum! 


The more challenging task was the Easter bread.  This is a tasty bread which is flavored with anise seed.  It's also very good toasted with a bit of butter.  I am not a bread maker and yeast scares the heck out of me.  I'm always so excited to see my bread rising!  This year I made rolls as usual, but also some mini loafs of bread, which turned out well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment