Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sunday Meal Planning


I try to plan our most of our meals for the week on Sunday.  It makes it easier when I come home from work knowing that I have what I need.   And now I'm planning my meals around tomatoes.  I thought I'd share a few of my favorite ways to enjoy tomatoes ~ nothing too fancy here, just good food with fresh ingredients!  I'd love to hear your favorites too!


  1. Pasta with Garlic and Tomato - heat light olive oil in a pan and saute fresh chopped garlic until fragrant (be careful not to let brown).   Add in cherry or grape tomatoes which have been cut in half.  Saute for a few minutes until tomatoes start to wilt a bit.  Add in cooked angel hair pasta.  Toss with your favorite cheese - we like either feta or parmesan.  This is also good with canned artichokes added in too.
  2. BLT - I can't resits making a BLT with fresh beefsteak tomato slices.  It reminds me of a diner up in Rogers City, Michigan that we used to go to when visiting my Aunt.  They made the best BLTs and hashbrowns.  Nothing beats comfort food at a diner!
  3. Caprese Salad - layer slices of fresh mozzerella and tomato.  Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle kosher salt and black pepper.  Top with a few sprigs of basil.  Perfect on a hot summer day!  Or, just a big tomato slice sprinkled with salt and pepper.  Yum!

1 comment:

  1. I love BLTS - especially in summertime. And ESPECIALLY if it's a ripe tomato from the garden...oh yum!

    Here's to hoping you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete