Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Buffalo Chicken Dip

I make this dip often.  It's one of those recipes that comes out great every time and people will ask for the recipe, so make sure you have it on hand!

2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken, drained *
3 T butter
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing
3/4 cup pepper sauce (such as Frank's Red Hot®)
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese *

*I've never used canned chicken.  I use either leftover chicken breast or just cook a few chicken tenders up to use.
*There's been a couple times when I didn't have cheese and I made this without.  It came out just as good!
 
Heat chicken, butter and hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through. Stir in cream cheese and dressing. Cook, stirring until well blended and warm. Mix in half of the shredded cheese, and transfer the mixture to a slow cooker. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, cover, and cook on Low setting until hot and bubbly. This is great served with tortilla chips, fritos, crackers, soft pretzels and celery sticks.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Sounds great; I might add this to my New Years Eve menu!

    ReplyDelete