Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Recipe ~ Rueben Dip in Bread Bowl


I'm already thinking about what to serve during the Super Bowl.  My husband is a big Steelers fan (boo) and is insisting that they will be in the big game.  My family has already hinted that they're coming over to watch the game. 

Here's a great recipe for game day or anytime you need some munchies.  You're probably wondering where the bread bowl is in my picture!  Well, I couldn't find one!  I went to the grocery store on 12/30 and it was packed.  Absolutely insane!  And the bread shelves were getting bare.  I was lucky to find this great Pepperidge Farm Rye & Pumpernickle swirl bread.  It was really good!  So I ended up baking the dip in a dish and serving it with cut up bread pieces, which worked out very well.

One other thing to note is that I used lite versions of the mayo, cream cheese and sour cream, and this still came out very good.  A real crowd pleaser and easy because it can be made ahead of time and warmed up in the microwave or oven.

1 round bread loaf, either rye or basic Italian
1 c. mayonnaise
8 oz. cream cheese
6 oz. sour cream
2 pkgs. Buddig corned beef, sliced thin (I couldn't find this, so used corned beef from deli)
6 oz. grated Swiss cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cut out top of bread and hollow out to create a bowl. Reserve removed bread for serving.

Mix all remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Transfer to bread bowl and wrap bread in foil, leaving dip exposed.  Or, if spread dip in 8"square baking dish.  Bake for 1 hour; serve with bread pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment