Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Labor Day Recipes ~ Cucumber Dill Sandwiches


I think this is my all time favorite appetizer recipes.  I posted this recipe a while ago.  These are another easy recipe and I guarantee you'll get asked for the recipe!  


Cocktail Cucumber Sandwiches
1 package cocktail bread, either pumpernickle or rye
8 oz cream cheese (I use light)
2T sour cream (light here too)
1 package Good Seasons Dry Italian Dressing Mix
1 cucumber, peeled and sliced thin (I like to use a seedless cucumber)
Dried dillweed

Combine cream cheese, sour cream and dressing mix. Refrigerate at least an hour or overnight. Spread mixture on each slice of bread and top with 1 or 2 slices of cucumber. Sprinkle with dillweed.

I usually make the cream cheese mixture the day before and then assemble the sandwiches a couple hours before the party. Assembling them too far in advance results in the bread getting a bit soggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment